Legal Website Marketing Tips: How to Grow Your Law Firm
Being a great attorney isn’t enough to guarantee a successful practice. If you want to build and maintain a prosperous firm, your business acumen matters just as much as your legal skill set. Do you truly have what it takes to run a business? Competition for new clients and cases is increasing each and every day, and one of the biggest challenges many attorneys face is standing out among the fierce competition.
What can you do to grow your practice to its greatest potential? And, what legal marketing decisions separate thriving firms from the ones that struggle?
When it comes to law firm marketing, it’s hard to know where to begin. Should you start paying for ads on Google and Facebook? Do you need to create a blog? What about ads at bus stops in your neighborhood?
Overwhelmed? Don’t be. Getting your legal marketing off on the right foot just requires a strong foundation.
Here are 10 key steps you can take to lay the groundwork for a successful law firm marketing program.
- Set marketing goals
- Create a marketing budget
- Have a (well-designed) website
- Optimize your website for search engines
- Measure and track all of your marketing efforts
- Install Google Analytics on your website
- Maintain a digital database of all contacts
- Create Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn pages
- Get reviews
- Stick with it
Best Law Firm Marketing Strategies To Grow Your Practice
It is important to know how to market a law firm and there are certain techniques that will make your firm stand above the rest. Those techniques are the tools that drive your success and we are going to look at 14 tips for marketing of legal services online.
Create A Law Firm Marketing Plan
Establishing a marketing plan is the first step to successful law firm marketing. Before you spend a single dollar on an attorney marketing campaign, your firm needs to have a clear plan. Here is a quick look at how to create an effective strategy.
- Set Goals
- Define Your Clients And How You Will Reach Them
- How Much Is Your Firm Willing To Spend
- Build Your Brand
- Demonstrate Your Firm’s Credibility And Authority
- Work With A Law Firm Marketing Agency
- Optimize Your Website For Search Engines
- Make Sure Your Website Is Mobile-Friendly
- Content Marketing Gets Your Message Out
- Voice Search Optimization Puts You Ahead Of The Curve
- Local SEO To Find Local Clients
- Digital Public Relations To Build Trust In Your Firm And Establish You As An Authority
- Social Media Marketing For Law Firms
- Get Listed On Legal Directories